Autumn Vegetable Tart
Tomato Red Pepper Spread
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes
- 1 T garlic, minced
* for this recipe i decided to pre buy both the roasted red peppers and tomatoes, i have a fresh market and a whole foods in town that make their own in house and they are quite delicious! they are packed in olive oil with garlic and herbs which means they are bursting with flavor, to roast your own you can sprinkle olive oil and dried herbs of your choice on the veggies and roast in the oven on 350 for about 45 minutes
- 1 graffiti eggplant
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato
- 1 delicata squash
* these are the vegetables i chose, have fun with this recipe! go to the market and pick what looks good to you, thats what i did! if you know certain veggies take longer to cook than some others you picked then slice the ones that cook quicker a little bit thicker and the long cooking ones really thin, itll be great! make sure you get some that are all around the same thickness, your tart will be a little bit more uniform.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- olive oil for drizzling
- goat cheese
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water = egg wash
For the Tomato Red Pepper Spread
finely chop your red peppers and tomatoes with salt and pepper until it forms a smooth paste, you can even give it a whirl in the food processor, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of the flavored oil from the package, mix your minced garlic in.
spread the mix evenly on your puff pastry rectangle leaving about 1/2 an inch around the edges for a nice crust.
For the Autumn Vegetables
take your thinly sliced veggies and lay them out along the tart in whatever pattern your heart desires!
drizzle with olive oil and salt + pepper, brush your edges with an egg wash and pop in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. top with pieces of goat cheese.
cool + cut + serve = enjoy!
Download your new free printable recipe card here: [download id="21"]
( photography by Sarahdipity Photos for create like crazy )
design elements by CREATE LIKE CRAZY design studio